Luis Diego Profile

Cameron Avila, Writer

You may have seen him on Friday Night on the football field, making a winning volleyball spike, or dominating competitors on the wrestling match, but his passion is dancing.
Luis Diego is 17 years old and currently is a senior here at NHS. Luis has been dancing since he was a sophomore and was joined by his friends, Jerico, Alex and Manny. Luis never knew he could take his dancing skills to another level until his sister wanted him to dance for the school since she was a dancer herself. “Dancing was really difficult at first to learn but it’s mostly timing and memorizing, it usually will take about a month average to learn a dance spot on,” he explained. “Dance has definitely exposed me to many different styles of dancing,” he said.
Over the past three years of his dance career, Luis said his favorite dance was the “Four Boys Dance.” Luis explained with detail: “It was Alex, Jerico, Manny and I and it was lit.” He continues by saying, “I would consider trying out for dance because it’s so much fun, but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.”
Luis plans on going to the Marine Corps after high school, but he wants to focus on his senior year and enjoying time with his friends and family.
 “Luis is one of the hardest working students I’ve had.” Ms. Belo offered. “Freshman year his work ethic was incredible and above everyone else and we ended up calling him ‘Beastmode’ and the ‘G.O.A.T’ because he destroyed the squat challenge.” Belo has respect for Luis. “Luis will be successful no matter what he puts his mind to,” she said.