Same Dancing, New Country

Back to Article
Back to Article

Same Dancing, New Country

Kenny Wallravin, Sports/ Activities Editor

Everyone has a different perspective of art. Art can come in many different forms from drawing or paintings, to scenery or dancing. Dancing is and has been a really enjoyed form of art and expression.

Dancing can be different from culture to culture, one can be used to popping and locking while the other is used to ballet. Dancing is so acknowledged because of its aesthetics and precise movement that takes a lot of time to learn.

Rebecca Nicolosi, has taken the time to perfect and enjoy dancing.

Rebecca is a senior here at Nipomo High, although she is from Italy. Rebecca loves dancing and has been since she was young. “Dancing is a way of expressing who I am,” she said. Many dancers feel the same way.

Dancing is an amazing form of art because there’s nothing like it. Everyone is typically in sync, stays on beat, with many visually pleasing moves you can do, and many other factors. Every dance has a different story to it and meaning. The choreographer is the one who decides about all of those things. Every dance has a theme to it also, which involves the dancers wearing a certain type of clothing, a certain style, or even wearing full on costumes.

Dancing from a young age is something that most don’t do. It’s a hard thing to do because all the intense moves and all sorts of different things you have to remember. Coming up as a young dancer is very time consuming also, less time to be with your friends and more time rehearsing.

Rebecca started dancing at the age of four in Italy doing mainly ballet. Ever since then, she’s been a dancer. Coming to a new country meant new dance moves for her though. “In Italy it’s more ballet dancing, over here it is many different styles,” she said.

She likes having to learn these new techniques and everything that comes along with the dances. Putting everything together is when the art comes out. The moves, the theme, the attire, all make for a great thing to see.

• Same Dancing, New Country

Reviews

The End of an Era: Avengers Endgame

• Same Dancing, New Country

Reviews

A Song of Ice and Fire

• Same Dancing, New Country

Reviews

New Game Captivates Thousands

• Same Dancing, New Country

Arts & Entertainment

Students Direct Original Show

• Same Dancing, New Country

Reviews

An Absolutely Remarkable Thing

• Arts & Entertainment

Taking Their Bows: Nipomo High School Theater Performs at ThesFest

• Opinion

Crystal Healing for the Mind and Body

• Arts & Entertainment

Fostering Creativity in the Classroom

• Arts & Entertainment

Born for Broadway: Joanna Jones

• Arts & Entertainment

Fostering Creativity in the Classroom

Same Dancing, New Country