Nipomo FFA Shows The Central Coast What Nipomo High School is About!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Nathalie Ortega Preciado, Writer

On October 5th , 2019 our FFA chapter went head to head with other high schools on the central coast in a public speaking competition.

About 198 of our students competed in this competition and had a fun time with it as well. The advisors were so proud of those students who competed. “Nipomo on their backs and Titan Pride in their hearts,” Mrs. Cummings exclaims.

These students proved what Nipomo High School is all about and that’s showing that we are capable of doing anything to make an impact in our community somehow.

In the Novice Division, Preston Krier, Makennah Simonson, Robert Cuevas, Lily Hinds, Mikayla Mckee and Mia Renteria won first place.

In the Open Division, NHS placed 2nd, 3rd and 4th Place. In 2nd place, Shantille Simonson, Morgan Mirau, Clarissa Simonson, Emma Litvinchuk, Kassie Magallon, and Allana Flores. In 3rd place was Aaliyah Peinado, Yezame Aguilera, Osvaldo Ramirez, Shaley Stuart, Mariana Torres, and Patrick Casias. Our 4th place team was Ana Guzman, Kayla Jade Cooper, Riley Diego, Lexi Sessions, Robert Esquibel, and Jeremiah Danley.

The officer team also placed 2nd. These students were Arlyn Gonzlaez, John Sandoval, Lorelei Sandoval, Danika Flores, Kendall Diaz, and Faith Swope.

We also had students win in the outstanding Officers/Roles category. Makennah Simonson and Kayla Jade Cooper won Outstanding Vice President. Shantille Simonson won Outstanding President. Riley Diego won Outstanding Secretary. Robert Esquibel won Outstanding Treasurer, and James Philson and Lorelei Sandoval both won Outstanding Reporter.