Dream Job Q&A

Layla Loew, Writer

“My dream job when I was younger was to be a barrel racer and ride my horse in the rodeo but now I know that that was unrealistic and now my dream job is to become a vet or go into a career that involves animals because it allows me to still be around animals and care for them.”

-Morgan Mirau, 12

“I wanted to be a fashion designer, but now I don’t because I can’t even sew.”

-Taylor Ward, 12

“When I was younger I really didn’t think of my dream job, but I knew I always wanted to help people. To this day, it’s still my dream to help people in need.”

-Glecy Umali, 12

“I wanted to be a firefighter for a long time, but as I got older I began to realize that risking my life everyday was not my idea of fun.”

-Lucas Ahler, 12

“I guess I wanted to be an artist. It’s not my dream job anymore because I’d rather have it as a hobby rather than a job.”

-Valentino Bernal, 12

“I wanted to be a princess who also practiced medicine. Now I just want to be a doctor or professor.”

-Jackie Soto, 12

“I wanted to be a ballerina, I thought for sure I was going to be a prima ballerina. I took dance classes for years, but I couldn’t make it onto point so I never advanced. Now I want to be a nurse.”

-Isabella Martinez, 12

“I wanted to be a mechanical engineer and I still want to be one because ever since I went to Cal Poly Engineer Day when I was four I knew I wanted to do it.”

-Joseph Faour

“I think I wanted to  be a dance teacher, but I don’t dance so… I don’t know what I want to be, but I think I want to do food science and nutrition.”

-Mariana Torres, 12

“I wanted to be a veterinarian when I was in third grade. I realized I didn’t have the passion for animals that I thought I had. At this point I don’t know what I want to do, but I’m hoping that in college I’ll figure it out.”

-Taylor Kaiser, 12