TRI-Athlete Chloe Wells Dribbles into her Sophomore Year

Sage Champion, Staff Writer

If you’ve ever been to any sports games at NHS, you’ve probably seen Chloe Wells on the court, or in the stands. She is extremely involved in the school– participating in three sports, being an active member of the FFA, and a leader in our school’s AVID program.

Chloe participates in the sports of volleyball, basketball, and track and field. She competes at the varsity level in all three sports, making her a tri-athlete by sophomore year. Basketball is her favorite sport; she is the starting shooting guard for Nipmo’s Girls Basketball team. Freshman season, she had an average of 10 points per game and broke her record of most points scored in a game, by scoring 26 points. Coach Dave Mendez would always tell her “Shoot the lights out!” She also won multiple championships with her teams and won the Most Valuable Player award three years in a row.

Besides the fact that Chloe is an outstanding athlete, Chloe is also an amazing student, maintaining all As throughout high school, while taking multiple advanced placement classes. As a sophomore starting hitter on the varsity volleyball team, Chloe sets a good example of what a model student should look like. She volunteers her time helping tutor others, involving herself in the BStrong Life club, and helping teachers as needed.

When Chloe has free time in her busy and eventful schedule, she likes to go to the beach, ride dirt bikes, hang out with friends, surf, hike, skate, and snowboard. She also likes to involve herself in the Harvest youth Group program, being a counselor and leader for children to talk to. She loves involving herself in the church, being a reader, reading testimonials from the Bible to her church. Overall, Chloe is a kindhearted, selfless, person, who strives to promote happiness, honesty, integrity, and kindness.