All American: TV Review

Show poster for “All-American”

Nick Gonzalez, Staff Writer

The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your problems, block your fears, and score your points when you get the opportunity.

One of the top shows on Netflix, and The CW is “All American.”  It’s about high school drama, football, and things the characters have to go through daily because of where they live.

It makes you look at life from a different perspective and appreciate many things that you might take for granted.

“All American” is inspired by the true-life story of NFL Superbowl Champion Spencer Paysinger. It is very inspiring, and it ensembles family drama about a high school football star, Spencer James, and the two families whose homes he shares.

Spencer James is a really good person and is really protective of his family and will do anything it takes to make sure his family is safe and is living well. He also protects his friends, especially his best friend Coop. She is in a gang, and he doesn’t like that and always has to look out for her.

Coop is a girl, but she doesn’t stand down to anybody. She always gets into situations that can harm her and possibly kill her, but she never backs down and does what she has to do. She knows that she has people to protect her and have her back.

“All American” is about more than gangs– it is also about football. James was the best player on his team, but he transferred schools because he found a coach that really wanted him and was willing to give him a home to live in if he transferred. Many of his teammates and friends didn’t like that because they lost their star player. Even though he transferred schools, he would always go home on the weekends and sometimes on weekdays to check his family and friends from his hometown.

“All American” is a show that isn’t finished yet. There are still episodes that haven’t come out yet, but it is an outstanding show, and I advise everybody to watch it. And there is also a new season coming out.