Football Season Cancelled

Rudy Garibay, Staff Writer

All sports are in jeopardy. Football was one of the first sports to be canceled, and many players will miss this season.

Covid-19 has ruined a lot of activities. With SLO County still being in the purple tier, it will affect all close-contact sports like football and basketball.

Football will be missed this season. From players to fans, it will be missed here in Nipomo, all those Friday nights.

Senior football players will miss their whole senior season and all the exciting nights, including their most important night, Senior Night.

“I feel sad because we don’t get to play on Friday nights under the lights and to have the excitement of a football game. I’m [going to] miss the adrenaline rush before every game and to be able to run the ball down the field,” said senior Victor Ortiz.

The juniors and underclassmen will miss this season deeply as well; although this isn’t their last year. For some, it’s their main sport. Sophomore Issac Ramirez said that this year was going to be his first year on varsity and he will miss this year deeply: “I feel sad not being able to play football because that’s what brings all the hype to the school and it’s my main sport, it’s hard not being able to play it.”

Junior Nate Reese (on varsity since freshman year) will also miss this season, but he actually really feels for the seniors because it’s their last year. “It sucks not being able to play my junior year and I feel bad for all the seniors who don’t get to play their last year of football in high school. I’m going to miss the home games the most. They were always so fun with our home crowd,” he said.